I haven't always been a fan of social proof widgets on a website, in fact, I'm a recent convert to the concept. In this episode, I discuss why I didn't like them and what changed my mind.
In fact, I've come to the conclusion that they are a nice addition to your website to generate desired activities and conversions by your website visitors. This comes after testing a few good ones and sharing it on my YouTube site recently. Check out our video on Fomo and Provesource.
But there's a right way to do it and a wrong way. The wrong way ends up looking like big brother and less credible (not what you want).
In this episode, I discuss what social proof is and the various types. Why it works, and how to add it to your website the right way. Plus I share a few technology options to get you started.
Topics Discussed (Time Stamped)
02:00 Social proof software
02:48 Definition of social proof
05:34 The two biggest factors: uncertainty and similarity
05:51 Concepts called attractiveness and desirability
06:21 How social proof can improve things
06:53 How it helps build trust
07:14 Done properly, social proof can build trust, add credibility, validate, and simplify
08:31 Types of social proofs
08:46 Concept of popularity-based
11:38 Public praise, testimonials, and reviews
12:52 User generating content
14:53 One of the reasons he likes FOMO
16:67 Setting up events he wants people to see
20:34 How much control you have over the display of the message
21:44 Putting specific streams on specific pages
22:38 The primary place where you can put social proof widgets
22:53 Sharing activities and reviews on social media
Quotes Worth Sharing
05:02 "Most people do like social proof."
- Episode 105 Show Notes - https://www.techsmartboss.com/blog/podcast-episode105/
- Fomo - https://fomo.com
- ProveSource - https://provesrc.com
- LetConvert - https://letx.co/real-time-social-proof-software/
- Yelp - https://www.yelp.com/
- Travelocity - https://www.travelocity.com/
- Zapier - https://zapier.com
- Tech Smart Boss on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/techsmartboss/
- Tech Smart Boss on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/tech-smart-boss/
- Tech Smart Boss on Twitter - https://twitter.com/techsmartboss
- Leave a Rating and Review on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tech-smart-boss-podcast-leveraging-technology-to-grow/id1191110680?mt=2
- Tech Smart Boss Website - https://www.techsmartboss.com
- Tech Smart Boss Newsletter - http://newsletter.techsmartboss.com/
- Tech Smart Boss on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/techsmartboss
Thanks for listening and checking out the show notes, any feedback, comments, or questions, send me an email at email@example.com